The course’s main objective is to provide candidates with all the necessary theoretical knowledge and practical skills to work as a Close Protection Officer. The course includes classroom lectures and practical field training exercises to provide a full understanding of Close Protection Operations. The Close Protection Course includes the overall knowledge within 'Business' and 'Dignitary' sectors; our training program is based on proven training methods. The Course is endorsed by SASSETA.
Duration: 15 days
- Introduction to Close Protection
- Threat and Risk Assessment
- Personal Escort Section
- Immediate Action Drills (IAD)
- Embussing and Debussing
- Surveillance and Counter Surveillance
- Venue Protection
- Unarmed Combat
- Pistol Craft
- Advance Work ( Security Advance Party)
- Driving Components
- Residential Security Team
- Operational Orders and Briefings
Learner Entry Requirements:
- Identity Document x 2: Certified by SAPS.
- Highest Academic Qualification:
- CV from each learner.
- Fully conversant in English (NQF Level 4 numeracy and literacy or similar).
- No criminal records:
- Indemnity and Registration forms to be completed and signed.
- This is not an attendance course all learners must be found competent to obtain the unit standards.